AirPro AIR-AP980 is the next-generation flagship ultra-high-performance Wi-Fi 6 enterprise AP designed for challenging high-density indoor scenarios, powered by the 5th gen X-sense smart antenna for 360o zero-dead zone coverage. With the built-in IoT module, enterprise customers can be ready for future IoT expansion to boost operational efficiency and customer experience.
AIR AP980 ultra-high-performance Wi-Fi 6 Indoor Access Point
AIR AP980 ultra-high-performance Wi-Fi 6 Indoor Access Point
- Maximize ROI (Lifetime Free Cloud Managemen).
- Hybrid Management (Cloud / Controller / Standalone).
- Fast Provisioning by AirPro Cloud.
- Automated Radio Optimization by Big Data Technology.
- Stylish Design (Integrated Antenna).
- Dual-band access points in AirPro SME AP Series.
What does this product do?
AirPro truly understands the challenges of having the best class of Wi-Fi along with ultra-high-performance. AIR-AP980 supports concurrent dual-band dual-radio (4×4:4 in 2.4GHz, 8×8:8 in 5GHz), up to 12 total spatial streams, and a maximum of 5.95Gbps wireless throughput. Taking the advantage of Wi-Fi 6 OFDMA Modulation, MU-MIMO, and BSS Color Spatial Reuse, the AIR-AP980 guarantees minimal signal interference and a maximum of 1024 client connections.
Additionally, AIR-AP980 provides four Ethernet ports with a total of 22G wired access capacity, including two 10G Ethernet Uplink Port (1 Copper and 1 Fiber), one Gigabit Uplink, and one LAN port for external IoT sensor connection with PoE out (passive) feature. The AIR-AP980- support dual-port power supply redundancy design for high availability, guarantee for zero service impact even any uplink port failure.
Upon the uprising challenges of management efficiency and wireless security, all AirPro enterprise APs support hybrid management mode. Either deployed as standalone AP (Fat mode) or managed AP (Fit mode), the AP will detect the operation mode automatically without extra effort on firmware upgrade. For additional security and operation, we recommend the enterprise customers to choose either one of the below wireless controller options depending on the functionality and capacity:
Ultra-High Performance Wi-Fi for SMEs –
AirPro Hybrid Cloud for Enterprise Office –
- Targeted for enterprise office and campus with single or multiple sites and high-density AP deployment.
- The controller appliances are installed at the customer’s site with fully integrated wireless management and authentication features, supporting up to 5000 APs per cluster.
- Optionally, the cloud management platform allows for value-added features like centralized device configuration and monitoring, AI radio (RF) optimization, reporting, etc..
AirPro Private Cloud for ISP, Government, MNC –
- Targeted for ISP/MSP, government, or multi-national corporation (MNC) with diverse customer sites and demand on the integration of their billing, portal, and security systems.
- The AIR-AP980 supports unified device management, not only for wireless access points but also for switches and gateway devices.
AirPro Public Cloud for SME –
- Targeted for the SME segment with integrated captive portal, authentication (such as PPSK for employees, Facebook, voucher, account, etc.), and reporting features.
- Together with the AirPro Cloud , SME customers can provision and manage their networks at fingertips.
Enterprise Support for SME –
- AirPro SME products are all bundled with an exclusive 2-year product warranty free of charge.
- AirPro customers can also enjoy complimentary professional online support which is staffed with AirPro certified experts to respond to your problems efficiently.
Key Features –
AirPro AIR-AP980 is specially designed for dense Wi-Fi usage environments like Restaurant, Hotel Reception, Enterprise Office, MNC, Government & Conference Room, Student Lecture Hall, etc. Upto1024 clients per AP supported by AIR-AP980, max wireless throughput up to 5.95Gbps, this is taken advantage of IEEE 802.11b/g/n/ax & 802.11a/n/ac/ax standard and unique Concurrent Dual-band design, with the 2.4G radio and 5G radio for client access at concurrent, each radio can effectively load balance the traffic without bringing additional interference for the environment.
- Stacked ultra-high-density antenna design: The 5th gen X-sense smart antenna for 360o zero-dead zone coverage.
- Max 5.95Gbps (Total 12 Spatial Streams) with Concurrent Dual-Band Design.
- Max 22G wired access capacity (with dual 10G port design).
- Max 1024 Client connections.
- OFDMA, MU-MIMO, and BSS Technology for minimal wireless signal interference.
- IoT Ready: Integrated with BLE module and one IoT extension port with PoE Out (passive)
- AI Wireless Optimization: one-click optimization powered by AirPro Cloud technology.
Flexible Hybrid Management –
- AirPro SME AP offers the flexibility for SME to choose the mode of management.
- It supports standalone AP to over thousands of APs with deployment options of appliances, private cloud, or public cloud service.
- For the AirPro Cloud option, no extra cost or firmware upgrade is required, which saves company expenses and time.
Stylish Design –
- SME APs all employ a simplistic and stylish design to fit different scenarios.
- The APs feature an integrated antenna design and hidden LAN port along with hidden cabling to hide the messy wires, which gives a professional and simplistic deployment style that is less noticeable.
PPSK Enterprise Authentication –
- For internal staff, it is hassled to maintain the pre-defined PSK and distribute it among them.
- Especially for the offboarding employees, potential Wi-Fi PSK leaked out could be harmful to your network.
- With AirPro PPSK, you now can easily provide different Wi-Fi passwords for each user.
- It is tied to individual end-user devices like laptops or smartphones and the same password can’t be used by others.
- The possibility of a Wi-Fi password leak is eliminated completely.
Relevant Standard –
- Wi-Fi Alliance Certification (Support)
- Radio Standard (SRRC, EN300 328, EN301 893)
- EMC Standard (GB9254, EN301 489)
- Safety Standard (GB4943, EN/IEC 60950-1)
- Health Standard (EN 62311)
Antenna Patterns –
- Horizontal planes (top view)
- Vertical (elevation) planes (side view, AP facing down)